17.5.08

10 Years After Didjeridoo Dreamtime

Interview with River Freedom by DJ Story

Maui Story: So you make didjeridoos and flutes on Maui?
River Freedom: I've been making didjeridoos and bamboo Shakuhachi
flutes as a way of creating sound healing tools on Maui for the last
10 years. I lived out in Kipahulu in a cave for a year. That cave has
a history of flute makers coming and going.
Maui Story: How long did you play the Didj and flute for before you
started making them. What got you interested?
River Freedom: It all started when I got to Maui in 1995. I had been
dreaming about dolphins and aliens and having experienced
multidimensional reality I started working with Bamboo right away.
That was in Haiku down Haumana Rd. I was living with some real hippies
who actually made money making bamboo drums. I needed to experience
dreamtime. I felt a magical calling to share mind expanding experience
with others. The didjeridoo with the right player and vibe can take
you there.

Maui Story: How long did it take you to record your album Didjeridoo Dreamtime?
River Freedom: It took 40 days from the time I met Dreamseed at
Miracles Bookery, now it's a crystal store called Supernatural. We met
in Makawao. Dreamseed and I instantly connected. He was carrying his
didj and a small backpack He was sleeping in cow pastures and eating
avacado sandwiches. I was managing a retreat center called Angels Nest
up Olinda Road and the owner was away so I had run of the the mansion.
I just wanted to make an album so bad. Those were heady days of
Shamanism on Maui. We did everything natural no psychodelics at that
time. The didjeridoo was enough. We would go to house parties and
blast peoples chakra's with the didjeridoo . We'd blow them away into
the dreamtime. They wouldn't know what hit them. Some people would
even astral travel.
DJ Story: Cool where is the River taking us now?
River Freedom: That is a mystery. We all have to find it within
ourselves. One Spirit is our guide. I am a healer and I have a special
life mission in mind expanding communication and the arts. We've got a
Breathwork and Sound Healing workshop coming up to help people access
the Akashic Records so they can discover and learn for themselves. As
we realign ourselves with the Tao our collective power will
predominate. First we need to care about what's going on inside of our
minds and more than other peoples. We get to evolve or perish.
DJ Story: Where would you like to see yourself in the next 10 years?
River Freedom: In the moment.
DJ Story: Good point!

No comments: